Idaho 2014-2015 Wolf Hunting Season
Standard hunting season dates statewide: Aug 30 - Mar 31 unless otherwise noted.
- The following zones are open Aug 30 - June 30 with no restrictions: Lolo, Selway, and Middlefork.
- The Salmon zone is open in portions of Units 21 & 28 within designated wilderness until June 30th.
- The Dworshak Elk City Zone will remain open in that portion of Unit 16 north of the Selway River only until June 30th.
- Hunters may buy 5 tags ($11.50 each) per calendar year.
- Bag limit: No person may take more than one wolf per legal tag in his or her possession.
- Hunting hours are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Electronic calls may be used statewide.
- Wolves may be taken incidentally during fall bear baiting.
- Reduced-price nonresident wolf tags ($31.75) statewide.
- Hunters must report killing a wolf within 72 hours. Hunters must present skull and hide to IDFG office within 10 days.
- The wolf season closes when the harvest limit for that zone is reached or the season closing date, whichever comes first.
For more information about the 2014-2015 Idaho Wolf Hunting Season visit the Idaho Fish and Game.