Idaho 2014-2015 Wolf Trapping Season
General trapping season dates are November 15 2014- March 31 2015.
- Trapping begins in the Panhandle zone October 10th in all of Units 7 & 9 and that portion of Unit 6 within the North Fork of the St Joe River drainage.
- The Lolo and Selway zones trapping season is October 10 - March 31, 2015.
- Bag limit: No person may take more than one wolf per legal tag in his or her possession.
- Methods of take:Ground sets are the only legal set allowed for trapping gray wolves.
- Trapped gray wolves may be dispatched any time of day or night.
- Tags purchased for trapping may be used to take wolves through hunting where and when the wolf trapping season is open.
- Baiting regulations for trapping wolves are consistent with regulations for furbearers.
- Mandatory trapping education class required before purchasing tags for wolf trapping. Wolf Trapper Class Schedule
- 72 hour trap check requirement, same as for furbearer trapping.
- Reduced price nonresident wolf tags ($31.75) statewide.
- Mandatory report within 72 hours of kill; mandatory check within 10 days.
For more information about the 2014-2015 Idaho Wolf Hunting Season visit the Idaho Fish and Game.