Minnesota 2014-2015 Wolf Hunting and Trapping Season
Minnesota Wolf Hunting has been suspended. The gray wolf population within the state has been placed back under federal protection.
- Lottery applications for the 2014-2015 wolf season are accepted August 1st through September 4, 2014.
- There is a $5 application fee upon submission.
- All applicants must provide proof of a previous of current hunting license.
- All applicants born after December 31, 1979 must provide proof of completion of a Firearms Safety Certification.
|Wolf Season Zone
|Early Season Harvest Target
- NonResident licenses are $251
- Resident licenses are $31
- Early season begins: November 8-23, 2014 in Series 100 Deer Permit Areas, November 8-16, 2014 in Series 200 Deer Permit Areas, November 8-9, 2014 in east central zone
- Late season: November 29, 2014 – January 31, 2015
- Season closure: Zones will close when target harvest for that zone and season are expected to be reached or at the season end date, whichever comes first.
- Limit one wolf per licensed hunter or trapper.
- Method of take: Hunters may use a firearm or bow and arrow.
- Do not field dress wolves.
- Wolves must be skinned prior to inspection. The pelt and carcass must be brought for inspection.
- All radio collars and ear tags must be retained and returned to the DNR at the time of pelt and carcass inspection.
- The use of dogs or horse is prohibited.
- Hunters may not party hunt for wolves.
Hunters are required to check season status each morning before hunting via:
Hunters must register all wolves by 10 p.m. the day of harvest. Registration can be completed at:
- Resident licenses are $31.
- Trapping is only open to Minnesota residents.
- Method of take: Trappers may use traps and snares
For more information regarding the 2014-2015 Minnesota Wolf Hunting & Trapping Season visit the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.