Montana 2014-2015 Wolf Hunting and Trapping Season
- Any Wolf Management Unit (WMU) can close upon a 24-hour notice.
- A wolf harvest must be reported within 24 hours.
- The Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks encourages hunters, archers, and trappers avoid harvesting a radio collared animal.
- Hunting season dates statewide: Sept. 15 - March 15, 2015 unless otherwise noted.
- Licenses for hunting are $19 for Residents and $50 for NonResidents.
- All wolf hunting licenses purchased after August 31st may not be used until 24 hours after the purchase.
- The wolf season closes when the harvest limit for that zone is reached or the season closing date, whichever comes first.
- Electronic calls may be used statewide for hunting.
- The bag limit is 5 wolves per hunter/trapper in any combination of hunting or trapping.
- WMU 110, 313, and 316 have a per-person bag limit of 1 wolf.
- There are no rifle or handgun caliber limitations, however using a silencer is illegal.
- Any person hunting or accompanying a hunter as an outfitter or guide must wear a mimimum of 400 square inches of hunter orange (fluorescent) material above the waist that is visible at all times. Hunter orange is not required after Dec. 1, 2014.
- Trapping season dates statewide: Dec. 15-Feb. 28, 2015.
- Licenses for trapping are $20 for Resident conservation license holders and $250 for NonResident conservation license holders.
- Wolf trap pan tension must be at least 10 pounds in Regions 1,2,3,4, and 5.
- Mandatory trapping education class required before purchasing tags for wolf trapping.Wolf Trapper Certification
- A trapped wolf must be immediately dispatched via gunshot unless otherwise authorized not to do so by FWP prior to wolf trapping efforts.
- Archery season dates statewide: Sept. 6 - Sept. 15 2014.
- Licenses for archery are $10 for Residents and NonResidents.
- Archers hunting during any portion of the general season (firearm) for wolf must wear a minimum of 400 square inches of hunter orange (fluorescent) above the waist that is visible at all times.
For more information about the 2014-2015 Montana Wolf Hunting & Trapping Season visit the Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks.